Search This Blog

Friday, September 16, 2011

Yummy Banana Nut Muffins

These are egg free and dairy free muffins that are so good. I'll have to add a picture next time I make them, they don't stay in the house very long. I find this recipe makes 12 nice sized muffins.

3 ripe bananas
1/2 cup oil (I use EVOO) or melted oleo
1 cup sugar (ok I didn't say "calorie" free)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup chopped walnuts/raisins (I like pecans)
1 tsp. salt
2 cups flour

Mash bananas (over ripe make the best bread). Add oil and sugar. Mix well. Sift (not going to lie, I do not "sift", I just add) flour, salt and soda together and add to banana mixture. Mix until flour is blended (do not beat). Pour/Spoon into muffin pan or bread tin and bake at 360 degrees untila toothpick comes out clean.

Optional: add a handful of oatmeal/raisins/chocolate chips/currants/coconut or all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment